Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gumpaste Cupcake Decorations

Cupcake Decorations

Baking and decorating wedding cakes is like a piece of cake to me. Pun intended! For almost 30 years I have been creating them and I can whip one off without much thought, but baking lots of little pastries and desserts is another story.

That is the story for this weekends wedding. Lots of miniatures - 600 and possibly more....Yikes! Here is the start of the production. Since I am making tiny cupcakes (probably two small bites worth) and the guests were not going to eat much of the actual smallish wedding cake, the little wedding cupcakes needed some sort of special yet simple decoration.

For the gumpaste flowers and leaves you can use a simple filler flower which comes in a kit. You can get the whole set through my website wedding cake supplies page or at most craft stores.

I highly recommend the small fondant and gumpaste roller. It has rubber sizers that you can remove or add as needed for even rolling. I used to use a regular rolling pin, but it is hard to get the paste to roll out evenly. I use the gumpaste mix from Wilton because it's convenient and easy to make. You can also see an example of it.here.
The perfect little wedding cake cupcake. Ready for some cupcake decorations :-)
The easy chocolate cake recipe I use for these yummy little chocolate morsels.

For more information about cupcake designs go to the cupcake section on my website.

Tester cupcake decorations. Buttercream swirl, a sprinkle of coconut, a small gumpaste flower and leaf and gold sugar crystals.

Happy Baking and Cake Decorating!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment