Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Salisbury Breads and Wedding Cakes For You

 A Great Combination

Last summer I was invited at the last minute to a girlfriends 50th birthday celebration. Naturally I told them I would bring a cake for this very special occasion. I literally threw together whatever I could find in my freezer.Thank goodness I almost always have spare cakes waiting to be used for emergencies like this.



The cake ended up being a combination of chocolate, and vanilla layers with strawberry buttercream and chocolate mousse. Sort of like the Neapolitan ice cream we used to eat as kids.

We sang the happy birthday song and everyone ooohd and ahhhd, Gloria and I cut the cake and passed all the pieces around. Thank god it was delicious because her brother Bruce, a very high end chef, was in attendance. I had forgotten that her brother was a chef. He was was very, very quiet until he tasted the cake. Suddenly he came alive and started asking me about my recipes. Turns out he was searching for some one like me to come along with a decent cake. LOL He apparently had tasted quite a few in his search.


Long story short I have since made a few cakes for his events and they were well received. So well in fact that Bruce Young and his partner in business Pete Hathaway asked me to partner with them with my cakes. I am very proud to announce that I will be baking and decorating the cakes for them for all of their upcoming events. Check out their website and click on the CAKES Icon at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment